Our history is our strength . . .
Security is our tradition.
From the historic High Street facility that marked FIREPROOF Warehouse and Storage’s entry into the service business in 1909, grew the concept of storing and delivering precious heirlooms, furs and goods to the residents of Columbus, Ohio. This fortress-like building housed many valuable items, and our horse-drawn carriages were the premier delivery option in the early 1900’s. As the business grew, this 90,000 square foot High Street facility was designated as a civil defense shelter during the tough years of World War II. Commercial records storage became an option for businesses during this war-torn era and delivery options expanded with the increased use of automobiles.
In 1970 Edward F. James joined FIREPROOF Warehouse and Storage Company. His sales experience, entrepreneurial drive and vision transitioned this once traditional warehouse and storage company into Ohio’s first full-service off-site records management company. Building on the local namesake, he formed FIREPROOF Records Center and the business grew to house several million boxes of information. The box had now become Ohio’s symbol of strength, security and stability.
Ed James worked diligently to grow the business with a grass-roots approach and superior attention to detail, meeting several key players along the way that are still leaders at FIREPROOF today. Susan Eichinger joined FIREPROOF in 1983 and saw the need for new services within the information management industry. Document shredding, data protection, document imaging and electronic vaulting were added to the core “box” capabilities, and the need for additional facility expansion to service the Columbus market became apparent. FIREPROOF quickly expanded their facilities to include a location on Mound Street, and two in Grove City, now FIREPROOF's current corporate headquarters.
- Michael James, 21-year veteran with FIREPROOF and son of founder Ed James, has nearly doubled the size of the company since taking the reigns as CEO in 2003.
- Our newest contribution to central Ohio is our Grove City headquarters, where expansion will include over 114,000 feet of storage capabilities.
- Our management team is asked to participate as “experts in the industry” in over 15 trade shows annually.
- Over half of our executive team has been with FIREPROOF over 20 years. 75% of our service staff has been employed over five years.
- FIREPROOF gives back to the community through charitable donations and personal funding of initiatives that are important to the internal staff. The personnel participate in philanthropic decisions within the Columbus community, and determine how FIREPROOF can best make a difference.
- Over 5000 companies serviced over the past 100 years.
Today, FIREPROOF operates out of five central Ohio locations, all strategically located to offer the best in protection for your company’s information. In central Ohio, we staff over 100 service personnel, a management team with over 90 years combined expertise in the industry, and proven, leading edge technology to manage your company’s most valuable assets.